Oakland & Fraternal Historic Cemetery Park Little Rock, Pulaski County
The City of Little Rock purchased the land for Oakland Cemetery in 1862, and began operating it in 1863. In 1975, the City enacted an ordinance establishing a Board to oversee the operation of both Oakland and Fraternal Cemeteries. Today, the collection of cemeteries is known as Oakland & Fraternal Historic Cemetery Park. Examples of mid 19th century gravestone iconography can be seen in almost every corner of the cemetery park, including carvings by James Tunnah and his son Renton, William L Funston, Julius A Viquesney, Edward Monahan, and Richard Steinert.
Oakland & Fraternal was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2010, and was classified as a Level 1 arboretum by Arbnet in early 2015.